Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to...me!

I know. Where have I been? I became blatantly conscious of my absence when my uncle calling from Germany asked about my plans to rename the blog. "It should be more like Jen's Bi-Weekly Serving," he said. "A man could go hungry waiting for your daily serving!"

I can really only amass a lame, I've-been-too-swamped excuse. I've got about 10 drafts waiting to be finished as proof that I've meant well, but I'll give it to you, my delivery has been piss-poor. But here I am, on my 22nd birthday, with the daily serving on my mind (let's leave assumptions about my social life aside...I've got an early date with a root canal in the morning, so I'm opting for a low profile night of March Madness with the family). That's gotta be automatic brownie points, right?

Waking up as a 22 year old didn't feel the same as my morning a year ago (but I guess most mornings sans massive hangovers don't). While things were definitely more relaxed this March 27th, I can't complain about where I'm at one year later. I'm wrapping up a rejuvenating spring break and heading back for one more quarter at a school I love. I've got an interview with a magazine tomorrow (post-root canal) that I'd absolutely love to work for. I'm surrounded by some of the greatest friends this world can offer. I'm blessed with a loving and supportive family, and I'd trade in kegs of warm beer for this nice glass of wine any day. Ya, life's been pretty good, and I have a feeling this year will bring many more exciting things my way.

Alright, so I've strayed from health tips and topics, but I had to acknowledge the white elephant cramming the HTML coding of my recently empty pages. I do have a great recipe from my birthday dinner that I'll get up here tomorrow, as well as a few articles and studies I've been reading about. For now, I've got to get back to prepping for my Men's Health interview tomorrow (not to mention the Louisville/Tennessee game!).

Oh, and Uncle David, this one's for you. Thanks for being there, from reading this blog to calling with heartfelt support and birthday wishes. I'll try to keep my portions more sustainable from now on.

No comments: